maanantai 1. maaliskuuta 2010

Names for the houses - thanks Michelle and Norma :)

Ok, as I wrote earlier, I have 5 dollhouses coming by mail (one of might have arrived to post today, I'll go there later on) and I've been thinking names for them. Primrose is called Rosey Beach Cottage, the name tells what it's all about. Orchid is called The Dark House - it's going to be painted dark gray or black and will have very dark interior with some withcy twist. The cake shoppe was a problem, until Michelle and Norma gave me some hints - tadaa, it's going to be called Sweetzilch Bakkery with a specialty sweet called Nada :D When my bakeress has practiced a bit her baking skills, she will send you Michelle and Norma some Nada-sweets as an opening gift, I'll contact you when the time comes :) (I'll just have to figure out how Nada's look like...)

My Buttercup-house doesn't have a name, but it's going to be Chinoisserie with the emphasis on birds and the exterior will be painted greenish-yellowish-beige to go with my library's decor. Delicate furniture, bird cages, birds, orchids, palmtrees, tile floors... I do have to do some alterations to the exterior of the house.

And then the Lily, it's going to be a mixture of French and Italian vintage decor but will probably be situated in Savannah, as it looks to me as it would belong there. And the book Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berentd is one of my favorites, it's just perfect. I'll probably find the name from the book.

But, as you probably have figured already out, I'm nuts, I want more.... I love Venezia/Venice and I find the architecture and general athmosphere there is just awesome, I want a Venezian house. But that will be in the distant future :)

I just got good news - my hub is taking our daughter to the ringette practice, so I get to stay at home all night! Maybe do some diy...

Ira

9 kommenttia:

  1. Hi! I read your note on Norma's blog, Makeminemini. Email me pictures of the bottle brush trees you want and I will start looking! Merry Christmas in March, I think it's never too early for Christmas (only 10 months left till Christmas) Carol M http://Myrealitty.blogspot.com/

    VastaaPoista
  2. Hey, it's always time for Christmas - I even have still some decorations up... Actually what's the point taking them off at all? :D

    I'll email you latest tomorrow, tons of thanks in beforehand,

    Ira

    VastaaPoista
  3. Jeeeeeeeeeeej, I love sweets, thank you very much Ira...But can you tell me what Nada's are??;-)
    I really do not now....You have great plans for your houses, I think I'll stay on your blog and watch it come together;-))

    Have a nice diy evening!

    VastaaPoista
  4. I'm laughing soooo much that tears are rolling down my face - truly inspirational name Ira - I guess your bakery goodies will be 'sweet nothings' since that's exactly what you can eat that you'll have on sale there NOTHING!!! LOL And just tooooo funny that my comment apologising for not having a name to suggest could 'win' me some mini bakery goods!! - no doubt about it - this blogworld is just FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!

    VastaaPoista
  5. Yeah, they are really having a special sale of NOTHING :D :D I told my daughter about the name and the nadas and she looked me like I've lost it :D I'll have to start some product developing soon as Michelle, I don't either have the slightest clue how they look like :D.

    Ira

    VastaaPoista
  6. Probably I get an empty envelope.....;-)))

    VastaaPoista
  7. Very funny Michelle - now I'm worried about that too! LOL

    VastaaPoista